The Manchester Express, December 22 - 28, 2008, Page 4
"Money freed up for low-income housing: Board allows group to use building as collateral in loan"
By Michael Stridsberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
"Aldermen don't censure Sullivan"
Aldermen voted to file a request from Jonathan A. Melle to send Ward 3 Alderman Peter Sullivan before the city's conduct board for an incident at Manchester Community Access Media's (MCAM's) studio last month.
Peter Sullivan allegedly ripped up Jonathan Melle's newspaper and later made disparaging and possibly false remarks about the downtown resident in this newspaper. MCAM's board of directors sent Peter Sullivan a letter of reprimand for the first action.
Deputy solicitor Tom Clark said that the incidents are not within the conduct board's jurisdiction. According to the city charter, city officials and aldermen can be brought before the board if they interfere with the actions of another official, if they or an immediate family member have undisclosed personal or financial interest in any city contract, if they accept or solicit bribes or if they release confidential information.
Aldermen Peter Sullivan abstained from the 13-0-1 vote to file Jonathan Melle's complaint.
Jonathan Melle's COMMENT:
I am very upset with the Manchester New Hampshire Board of Alderman and Mayor Frank Guinta for filing my complaint against my Ward 3 Alderman Peter Sullivan. I find my city government's actions in response to my complaint to be totally unacceptable.
We are a nation of laws, not of men (or women). Within the law, there is a concept called "discretion", which means that even if the statute does not specify the merits of my complaint of being intimidated, harassed and slandered by Alderman Peter Sullivan, the people in authority may use "common sense" or "thought" to determine if my complaint may be forwarded for review for remediation.
For example, if I am driving on a highway with a speed limit of 55 mph, and everyone is driving no less than 65 mph, then I use my discretion and drive no less than 65 mph. That does not mean I am entitled to drive 90 mph, but it does mean I am safer to drive with the flow of traffic than by the strict construction of the law. On the other hand, if the road is icy, I may drive no more than 25 mph to stay safe.
I am surprised that the Board of Aldermen and Mayor Frank Guinta did not have even one comment, one thought, one discretionary motion, or even one question about this matter. The Board of Aldermen and Mayor Frank Guinta have now shown themselves not only to be hikers of local taxes and budget deficits, but also, they are without conscience, justice and fairness, too.
It is not acceptable for Frank Guinta to serve as both Mayor and Honorary Chair of the NH Advantage Coalition, which raised over 6 figures in lobbyist dollars from undisclosed and outside special interests. It is not acceptable for Alderman Peter Sullivan to rip up my newspaper and then later slander me to the local media as retaliation for my complaints against him.
I believe the reason why the Board of Aldermen and Mayor Frank Guinta filed my complaint with total banality and false pretense is because they are all corrupt Pols who do nothing more than raise our local taxes in return for diminished public services, and then intimidate and harass any and all citizens who exercise their right to Free Speech: Dissent!
Jonathan A. Melle
Manchester New Hampshire
- Jonathan Melle
- Amherst, NH, United States
- I am a citizen defending the people against corrupt Pols who only serve their Corporate Elite masters, not the people! / My 2 political enemies are Andrea F. Nuciforo, Jr., nicknamed "Luciforo" and former Berkshire County Sheriff Carmen C. Massimiano, Jr. / I have also pasted many of my political essays on "The Berkshire Blog": berkshireeagle.blogspot.com / I AM THE ANTI-FRANK GUINTA! / Please contact me at email@example.com
- ► 2009 (43)
- Peter Sullivan is NOT censured by his fellow Alder...
- Alderman Peter Sullivan's harassment and intimidat...
- Eileen Gloster on North Adams Mayor John Barrett I...
- The real Deval Patrick! The OPPOSITE of property ...
- Joseph Kelly Levasseur defends me in his weekly co...
- I am the ANTI-Frank Guinta! Jonathan Melle's publ...
- Daniel Bosley told me to SHUT UP again! Open Mess...
- Governor Deval L. Patrick's $33.5 million cut to t...
- ▼ December (8)