Mayor Frank Guinta...
1) Publicly INSULTS dissidents! Mayor Frank Guinta is INTIMIDATING!
2) Systematically calls his political opponents "HOSTILE". Mayor Frank Guinta does NOT see the people as "CITIZENS"! Mayor Frank Guinta is "closed-minded" & top-down.
3) Hauls 8 dissident Aldermen to NH Superior Court (9/26/2008)...with NO legal authority to do so. Please NOTE: On 10/2/2008, Mayor Frank Guinta LOST his vindictive court case!
4) Placed a derogatory Blog posting against me, entitled, "Jonathan Melle - The Moron" on nhinsider.com. (www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/nhinsider/vpost?id=2967773)
5) Serves partisan roles as Honorary Chair of the "NH Advantage Coalition" & the newly reconfigured NH State Republican FINANCE Committee.
6) Called Jeb Bradley a "LIAR" prior to endorsing him this late-summer, 2008.
7) Proposed eliminating dental benefits for poor public school students. Please NOTE: "As one's oral health goes, so goes one's whole health."
8) Proposed a FLAWED "Spending Cap" municipal legislation for Manchester & then he brought his own city government (dissident officials) to NH Superior Court (& LOST!). Furthermore, I believe Mayor Frank Guinta's proposals are RECKLESS!
9) Proposed cutting 5% or $4 million from the public school budget for FY2009; thereby eliminating all extracullicular activities such as art, music & sports. Fortunately, the Board of Aldermen scrapped Mayor Frank Guinta's political budget for an equitable budget in its place. One of many reasons why this was fortunate is because Manchester contracts with nearby municipalities to educate their children at Central, Memorial, & West High Schools, and Mayor Frank Guinta's RECKLESS proposal would have broken the city's contract with Bedford, Hooksett, Auburn, & Candia. Please NOTE: Bedford now has its own High School, and Hooksett is currently in the preliminary stages of planning for its own High School.
10) Contemplated a run for New Hampshire Governor, but dropped out because of his very poor poll #'s, including in his own Republican Party! Mayor Frank Guinta based his budget proposal on his political image instead of the needs of the people or taxpayers!
11) Refuses to disclose who the OUTSIDE INTERESTS are that gave his political group - "NH Advantage Coalition"- well over $100,000.00! Mayor Frank Guinta does not practice what he preaches about Accountability in Government!
12) Kept the Board of Mayor & Aldermen in an 8-hour special session from 4 pm to 12 midnight on 9/5/2008 even after Alder-woman Kelleigh Domaingue disclosed early on that she was ill with strep throat. Mayor Frank Guinta showed himself to be INHUMANE!
Please NOTE: As a commenter on my Blog stated: "[Rude language (towards me)], Kelleigh Domaingue voted WITH Frank Guinta on the night she had strep throat." My response is to add that Kelleigh Domaingue also stated that she did not agree with the merits of the (FLAWED) "Spending Cap" proposal itself, but that she voted in favor of sending it to the November 4, 2008, ballot in order to best represent many of her Ward 12 constituents who support the initiative petition process..
13) Places partisan postings on his Blog within the city's website. I believe Mayor Frank Guinta is sending a partisan political message instead of being nonpartisan, as required by law under the City Charter.
14) SCAPEGOATS city employees, such as City Clerk Carol Johnson!
15) Implemented a very complicated & impractical parking plan that is needless, and is really only all about MONEY instead of efficient services.
16) Allowed diminishing bus services, and the transportation center to be moved out of Manchester! Moreover, commuters to and back from Boston now have less options, especially at night. Furthermore, for one to take a bus to Portland, Maine from Manchester you have to go 58 miles south to Boston South Station, and then you have to change buses and go 52 miles northeast to get to Portsmouth, NH, to get back on track to get north to Portland, Maine! Mayor Frank Guinta is not doing anything to address this and related transportation issues!
17) (As a former-Alderman & now as Mayor...), Allowed the money bonded to pay for the baseball stadium that was supposed to have come from the extra tax revenues coming from the new buildings surrounding the baseball stadium (or new growth), which mostly never (yet) materialized -- especially the 230,000 square feet of retail space that will never be built and the natural gas electrical plant that also will never be built, and the 2 six story condo-housing towers that still have not yet been built -- to be paid for mostly by the preexisting taxpayers. The city pays two payments per year on the bond of $250,000 per payment, or $500,000 per year. Only 35% of the debt payments is offset by the new economic development growth, while the rest is paid for by the taxpayers, or about 65%. Moreover, (Alderman to...) Mayor Frank Guinta should have allowed a referendum on the baseball stadium, but he and his political colleagues silenced the people because they did not want to explain the problems with their demonstrably FLAWED plan.
18) Allowed the city's failing public school system to increase from 3 at the start of Frank Guinta's terrible tenure as Mayor to all 22 near the end of his first two-year term! That is an increase of 19 schools now in need of improvement. During Mayor Frank Guinta's second two-year term, he has done NOTHING effective to improve the city's failing public schools! The city is in danger of losing its local control of its schools to state and federal educational BUREAUCRATS because of Mayor Frank Guinta's poor leadership!
19) Mayor Frank Guinta is ideological -- conservative Republican -- and has openly attended pro-life and pro-gun Republican Party political events. A mayor is supposed to be nonpartisan, but he may do what he pleases on his own time. However, I believe Mayor Frank Guinta is sending a message that he is partisan and will run for high political offices in the future. It is predicted that Frank Guinta will run for U.S. Congress in 2010 if Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter wins her re-election in November, 2008. If the man he publicly called a "LIAR" wins, however, then Frank Guinta will run for Governor in 2010 instead.
20) Spent record amounts of campaign money on his two mayoral campaigns (2005 & 2007), which shows that he represents big money interests, NOT the people.
21) Operates the city government on a NEGATIVE INCOME or yearly budget deficits. In FY2008, the city ended they year with a $2.6 million budget deficit. For FY2009, the city is projected to have a +$14 million budget deficit. Moreover, Mayor Frank Guinta took several million dollars out of rainy day fund account(s), which protects our city's bond rating. Furthermore, the city has raised risen taxes and fees, and has tapped one-time accounts. The bottom line is that Mayor Frank Guinta's reckless negative income budgets are UNSUSTAINABLE!
The Anti-Frank Guinta
- Jonathan Melle
- Amherst, NH, United States
- I am a citizen defending the people against corrupt Pols who only serve their Corporate Elite masters, not the people! / My 2 political enemies are Andrea F. Nuciforo, Jr., nicknamed "Luciforo" and former Berkshire County Sheriff Carmen C. Massimiano, Jr. / I have also pasted many of my political essays on "The Berkshire Blog": berkshireeagle.blogspot.com / I AM THE ANTI-FRANK GUINTA! / Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2009 (43)
- Economic woes mean boom time for lawyers. -&- A b...
- The Corporate Elite & Uncle Sam at their WORST!
- Give us all a break, Jane Swift!
- Mayor Frank Guinta & his dirty & vindictive politi...
- Glenn Oullette for Mayor of Manchester, New Hampsh...
- The federal deficit is soaring toward $1 trillion ...
- Chuck Douglas is a former member of Congress from ...
- Frank Guinta & Peter Sullivan both voted for Satur...
- Frank Guinta: "I really see Sarah [Palin] bringing...
- Mayor Frank Guinta & my list of his DISSERVICES to...
- Massachusetts Mandated Healthcare INSURANCE! Also...
- ▼ October (11)